Sunday, 29 November 2015

Confession By Mom

"Two years ago, my 4-year-old tripped and fell and somehow scraped his knee on a random carpet nail. The 'scrape' was so deep that at first look, I could tell it would require stitches. I quickly swooped him up and threw him in his car seat while he cried and cried. I rushed him to what I thought was urgent care. Turns out it's not an urgent care on the weekdays. I had to put my son back in the car and head over to a different urgent care. Well, by this time, he had stopped crying and was seemingly fine. I was frantic, however, and quickly whipped a u-turn at a light. Here comes the lovely police officer to pull me over because apparently in Oregon you can't make a u-turn at every light. The cop pulling me over made me more frantic. I was flipped out and just wanted to get to the urgent care. Since my son wasn't crying, I didn't think the cop would let me go so—here it is—I leaned back to my son and pressed really hard on his leg to induce crying. Yes, you read that correctly: I induced pain to get out of the ticket. The cop saw my face and my son crying and let us go. I'm awful."

No comments:

Post a Comment